Please read these User Terms carefully before using our website
1. About our User Terms
- These User Terms (Terms) are the rules for using www.rawpixel.com (our Website). They apply to all visitors to our website whether or not you have subscribed to one of our Membership Plans. If you do subscribe to one of our Membership Plans (and you therefore become a Member) there are specific clauses in these Terms that apply just for you, you must also comply with our Image Licenses.
- If you use our Website it means that you accept and agree to abide by our Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms you must not use our Website.
- Please read these Terms carefully - they tell you who we are, what services we offer through our website (Services), how we provide those Services, our payment terms, how you can take out a membership (Membership), how this can be changed and terminated, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
- In these Terms we have used some capitalised words or phrases to simplify our Terms. These capitalised words or phrases have the meaning given to them where they are first shown in bold italics.
- You can only take out a rawpixel Membership if you are over 18 years of age.
2. Are you using rawpixel for personal or business use?
- Our Website is available for both personal and business use. We offer different Membership Plans and Image Licenses for our Personal and Business Members. Some of our Terms are also different for personal users (Consumers) and Business users.
- You are a personal user (Consumer) if you are an individual and you are going to use our Services and images only for your own personal use. This means you are not using them in connection with your trade, business, craft or profession.
- You are a business user if you are an individual, employee, partnership, company or other entity and you are going to use our Services and images in connection with your trade, business, craft or profession.
3. Who we are and how we will contact you
- Our Website is run by Rawpixel Ltd (rawpixel) which is a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 09391487 and our registered office is at Hanover Green Studios, Redmarley, Gloucester, GL19 3JZ, UK. Our registered VAT number is GB211639923.
- You can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at our registered office address.
- If we need to contact you we will do so by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provide to us when you sign up for a Membership plan. When we use the words “writing” or ‘written’ it includes by email.
4. About our Membership Plans
- 4.1. We have two image collections:
- Our Free Image Collection (Free Images) is available to all our members and can be used with our Personal or Commercial Image Licenses.
- Our Premium Image Collection (Premium Images) contains our highest quality design resources and can be accessed with our Casual (for personal use) and Business Memberships.
- 4.2. Our Membership Plans:
- Free Membership Plan: you can download unlimited images from our Free and Public Domain Image Collections. You can use rawpixel Free Images with our Personal or Commercial Image License, images marked as ‘Public Domain CCO’ with the Creative Commons Licence and ‘Public Domain U.S Government work’ in accordance with the U.S government rules.
- Casual Membership Plan: unlimited access to our Free Images and unlimited Premium Image downloads for your Personal use with our Personal License. With this Membership plan you are not allowed to use our Premium Images for any business purpose or trade.
- Business Membership Plan: access unlimited downloads of both our Premium and Free Images for use with our Commercial License.
- 4.3. Choose our Monthly or Yearly subscriptions
- Monthly subscription: If you choose a monthly Membership subscription you will have a monthly contract which will automatically renew each month. We will automatically charge you on each monthly renewal date (Renewal Date). Your Membership will continue to automatically renew unless either you or we choose to cancel it. There is no commitment beyond your current monthly contract period. You can cancel your Membership Plan at any time, if you do so your Membership will continue until your renewal date and you will not be charged again.
- Yearly subscription: If you choose a yearly Membership subscription you will benefit from a lower monthly equivalent price, but you will be charged a fee for the full year when you sign up and again at each annual renewal (Renewal Date). You agree to a 12 month contract which will automatically renew annually. Your Membership will continue to automatically renew unless either you or we choose to cancel it. You can cancel your Membership Plan at any time, if you do so your Membership will continue until the end of your 12 month contract period and you will not be charged again.
- If your Renewal Date is on the 29th, 30th, or 31st day of a month, and the current month does not have the equivalent day then your plan will renew on the last day of the current month.
- 4.4. Single user access
- When you purchase a Membership Plan this gives permission for one named person (User) to use our Services and images. You will need to choose a unique username and password in order to access your Membership Services. You must ensure these are kept confidential and not shared with anyone else. If you know or suspect that someone else is using your account details you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
- If you would like someone else, other Users, to be able to access our Website to use our Services or images they will need to sign up with a separate Membership Plan. This Membership account will be managed individually and not linked to any other account as, at present, we are not able to offer any account linking.
- 4.5. You can upload a User profile image to your account on our Website. If you choose to do this you agree to you give us the necessary permissions to install the image in your User profile and you warrant that you are entitled to use the image for this purpose and that the image meets our Standards.
- 4.6. Lifetime Membership Plans - if you have a Lifetime Membership Plan you can see the additional specific terms for your membership here.
5. How to purchase and switch plans
- 5.1. To sign up for one of our Membership Plans go to our Membership Plans page and complete your order. Once you have completed your order and we have received your payment (if applicable) we will email you to confirm our acceptance. At this point your Membership contract between you and us will start. If we are unable for any reason to accept your Membership order, we will inform you of this in writing and will not charge you.
- 5.2. When and how you must pay Fees. The Fees you pay will vary depending on which Membership Plan and subscription period you choose. Any VAT or local taxes that are applicable to your country/Territory will be added to the Fee and shown at the checkout. We accept payment of Fees only with Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit and debit cards through our Website by way of direct debit. We use Stripe Payments Europe Ltd., a payment service provider, to enable our customers to make payments (and we reserve the right to use other payment providers in the future). Monthly/annual direct debit payments will be taken on a rolling monthly/annual basis on the start date and each Renewal Date, until termination of the Membership Plan.
- 5.3. Fees are calculated and collected in US dollars. If you pay with an account card that is not in USD the amount you pay will depend on fluctuations in exchange rates.
- 5.4. We may increase the Fees by giving you at least one calendar month’s notice of the revised Fees. If you do not want to pay these revised Fees you can terminate the Membership contract by giving us written notice at any time prior to the revised Fees becoming payable.
- 5.5. We have appointed Taxamo CheckoutCo Ltd (Taxamo) to enable us to meet complex international taxation requirements. This means that in some countries Taxamo will be acting on our behalf but in its own name as a "commissionaire" (Commissionaire). To enable Taxamo to provide this service to us we have included a link to Taxamo at the checkout on our Website which means that if you enter your details into our checkout you will be sharing this data with Taxamo. Taxamo is a company incorporated in an EU member country and it will hold all of your data within the EU.
- 5.6. If Taxamo is acting as a Commissionaire for the sale of a Membership to you, it means that you will in legal terms be purchasing the membership from Taxamo. If so, we will inform you by adding the Taxamo name at the bottom of the checkout page, and the invoice you receive will be from Taxamo. However, this is the only difference you will experience. rawpixel will still be providing you with the Membership, and if you have any questions or problems with our Services you should contact us directly.
- 5.7. You can upgrade or downgrade your Membership Plan by selecting the ‘Change Plan’ option in your Account page.
- If you switch from a Free to a Casual/Business Membership Plan we will move you to your new Plan straight away, the new Fees will be charged at the time of the switch and this will become your new Renewal Date.
- If you switch from a Casual/Business Membership Plan to a Free Membership we will move you to the Free Plan on your next Renewal Date. We will not charge you any Fees on your Renewal Date nor will you receive any refund of Fees paid. Once you are moved to the Free Membership Plan you will still have access to any Premium Images you downloaded on your Casual/Business Membership plan.
- If you switch from a Monthly Subscription to a Yearly Subscription we will switch you to your yearly plan on your next Renewal Date when you will be charged the yearly membership fee.
- If you switch from a Yearly Subscription to a Monthly Subscription we will switch you to your monthly plan at the end of the 12 month contract, when you will be charged the new monthly membership fee.
- If you have a Casual Membership Plan and choose to switch to our Business Membership Plan, we will move you to your new plan straight away. The new Fees will be applied at that time and this will become your new Renewal Date. As you are switching from a personal plan to a Business Plan you will also become a business customer at this point, this means that the business specific clauses in these Terms will now apply to you. We will not give you any refund for any days that may be remaining on your current plan.
- If you have a Business Membership Plan and choose to switch to our Casual Membership Plan, we will switch you to your new plan on your next Renewal Date and you will be charged the reduced Fees on your next Renewal Date. As you are switching from a Business plan to a personal membership plan you will also become a personal customer at this point, this means that the specific Consumer (personal user) clauses in these Terms will apply to you and you will not be able to use our Services or Images for any business purpose.
6. How to end your Membership
- 6.1. If you have a Free Membership Plan you may end your Membership at any time by selecting “Cancel Account”. Your Membership will cease immediately and your account will be deleted.
- 6.2. If you have a Casual or Business Membership Plan and wish to end your Membership because you no longer need the Membership Plan you can do this at any time by selecting the ‘Cancel Casual/Business Plan’ option in your Membership Account. Your Membership will end on your next Renewal Date and you will be moved to our Free Membership Plan. You will not be entitled to any refund of Fees already paid.
- 6.3. If you are a personal user and have purchased a Casual Membership Plan within the last 14 days and you have not downloaded any Premium Images you can cancel your Casual Membership Plan and receive a full refund of the Membership Fees you have paid. To do this you must send us a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org within the 14 days. We will send any refund due to you within 14 days of receiving your request.
- In accordance with the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, if you download any Premium Images during the 14 day cancellation period you acknowledge that you consent to us providing you with Services during the cancellation period and if you do decide to exercise your right to cancel you must pay for the Services received. In this situation we will cancel your Membership Plan but you will not be entitled to any refund of the Fees paid.
- 6.4. If you have a Casual or Business Membership Plan and wish to end your Membership because of our act or fault (for a reason listed in clause 9.1 or you have another legal right to do so), you must notify us via email to email@example.com. If we agree the reason is covered here we will end your Membership and refund you for any Services which you paid for but have not been provided. Any refund due will be calculated based on the proportion of time that is remaining on your current Membership contract, so long as you have downloaded less than 10 Premium Images in the monthly period prior to the date of termination if on a monthly plan, or an average of less than 10 images per month prior to the date of termination if on a yearly plan. If you have downloaded more images than the limits stated here no refund will be due.
7. Our right to end your Membership
- 7.1. If you breach these Terms or our Image License (including our Standards) we may end your Membership on giving you written notice. If you have a Casual/Business Membership Plan and have downloaded any images since your last renewal date you will not be entitled to any refund. If you have not downloaded any images in this period we will calculate any refund based on the proportion of time that is left on your current Membership contract. We may deduct from any refund due, or charge you, the costs we will incur as a result of you breaking our Terms.
- 7.2. We may withdraw our Services at any time. We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the Services. We will let you know at least 7 days in advance of our stopping the supply of Services and will refund any sums you have paid in advance, in accordance with clause 6.4, for Services which will not be provided.
8. Public Domain Images
- 8.1. Out of Copyright Images
- We have a large collection of images available in our Free Image Collection which we believe are no longer subject to copyright protection either because their copyright has expired (in most countries, including the countries of the EU, USA, and Canada (Approved Territories)) or the author of the image has allowed us to distribute the image with no license restrictions (Public Domain Images).
- Because these images are not protected by copyright (in most countries) you can download and use these images without having to obtain consent from the original copyright owner, and where we are permitted to do so we grant you permission to use these images without copyright restriction.
- These Public Domain Images are clearly labelled as ‘Free Public Domain CC0 Image’ and are available with the Creative Commons 0 license.
- We have researched the history of these images and we are confident that in most countries and in particular the Approved Territories they can be copied, used and shared without any need to obtain further consent. However, they may still be in copyright in a small number of countries and/or other rights may exist, therefore it may be necessary for you to obtain consent for their use.
- 8.2. U.S Government Public Domain Images
- Our Public Domain Image collection also includes images from the U.S. Government which we believe are free from copyright, these are available for you to use in accordance with the U.S. Government rules, these images are clearly labelled as ‘Free Public Domain U.S. Government Image’.
- 8.3. Other restrictions with Public Domain Images
- We do not hold any property or model releases for Public Domain images. Where we believe there might be other rights within an image that prevents it being suitable for commercial use we have labelled this as “Editorial use only”.
- Whilst we have only selected Public Domain Images that we believe are suitable for the majority of people to use, and have used our judgement to label images only suitable for editorial use, it is your responsibility to check that your use of the image is lawful.
- We give no warranties or assurances that your use of Public Domain Images will be lawful and if you are seeking to access and use any Public Domain Images you do so at your own risk. You should carry out independent checks to ascertain whether any proposed use of Public Domain Images is lawful in the countries in respect of which you anticipate using them, and obtain any necessary permissions or clearances. We are not liable for any claims or costs arising from such use.
9. Providing our Services & changes to our Terms
- 9.1. If you have a Membership Plan, the following terms apply:
- We may make minor changes to the Services we provide to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulations or to make minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example, to address a security threat. These changes will not affect your use of our images and we may not notify you of these changes.
- We may make changes to these Terms or material changes to the Services, if we do this we will notify you. If you do not want to continue receiving our Services because of these revisions or changes, you may terminate your Membership by notifying us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of us notifying you of the change.
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to provide the Services during the period of your Membership.
- We are not responsible for delays beyond our control. If Services are delayed by an event beyond our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for such delays, but if there is a risk of substantial delay (of more than 72 hrs) you may contact us to end your Membership.
- We may suspend the Services to deal with technical problems or make technical changes; update the Services to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and/or any other reason. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending Services, unless this is because of an emergency. If we have to suspend the Services for longer than 72hrs in any 30 days we will adjust the Fees so that you do not pay for Services while they are suspended. You may contact us to end the Membership if we suspend Services for a period of more than 7 days.
- We may also suspend the Services if you have not paid us for Services when you are supposed to have done and you still do not make payment within 7 days of us reminding you that payment is overdue. In this case we may suspend Services until you have paid us the outstanding amounts.
- 9.2. If you do not have a Membership Plan we do not guarantee that the Website or any content available on it, will always be available or access uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Website at any time, without notice, for business and operational reasons. We may make changes to these Terms at any time without notifying you, it is your responsibility to read our latest Terms whenever you wish to use our Website.
10. Problems with our Services
- 10.1. If you have any questions or complaints about the Services, please contact us. You can email us at email@example.com or telephone our customer service team at +44 (0)1531 850729.
- 10.2. Your rights in respect of defective Services:
- If you are a business user: We warrant that the Services will be in material conformity with the description provided in respect of your chosen Membership plan.
- If you are a personal user (Consumer), in accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015 we will supply Services in conformity with your Membership contract. Nothing in these Terms will affect your legal rights.For detailed information in your rights please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call +44 (0)3454 04 05 06.
11. Offers, Promotions and Reward Schemes
- We may run offers, promotions and reward schemes (Promotional Offer(s)) which may include discounts on Membership Fees, free trial periods or additional free downloads. Any such Promotional Offer, will have its own terms and conditions (Promotional Terms and Conditions) that are separate to these Terms.
12. Our Images and Intellectual Property
- Using our Website
- 12.1. All intellectual property rights, throughout the world, in our Website and all its content (including all user-facing material such as text and images, and all underlying content such as code, software and databases) belong to us or our licensors.
- 12.2. If you are a visitor to the Website only, you have no intellectual property rights in the Website. The right to use the Website is granted (not sold) to you in accordance with these Terms.
- 12.3. Regardless of whether you are a Member or not, you must not use any content on the Website (for example any content contained in our blogs) without obtaining permission to do so from us or our licensors.
- 12.4. If you print off, copy, re-use or download any part of the Website or any images in breach of these Terms, your right to use the Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
- 12.5. 'rawpixel' and our logo are our trade marks. You are not permitted to use them without our approval.
- Using our Images
- 12.6. In regard to all patents, trade marks, logos, domain names, copyright, designs and database rights, (whether registered or not and including all applications) (Intellectual Property) in the Services (including in all images):
- We and our Contributors own and retain all Intellectual Property in all of the images available through our Website (excluding Public Domain Images). Your use of our images is subject to these Terms, and the terms and restrictions of the relevant Licence. The owner of the Copyright for each image is shown on the image page. Where rawpixel is not the copyright owner we have a license which allows us to sub-license the image to our members.
- We also make available via our Website some fonts which we do not own the Intellectual Property to, where these are available we will clearly show who the creator/copyright owner of the font is. If you choose to download any of these fonts from our Website, they can only be used in accordance with the font license listed on the image page.
- 12.7. We use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the images in our collections (excluding Public Domain Images) are fully cleared for you to use them in accordance with the terms of the Licence applicable under your Membership Plan and these Terms. We take no responsibility for any loss or damage you may suffer as a result of your using any images in ways which breach the terms of the Licence (including our Standards) applicable under your Membership Plan or these Terms.
- 12.8. Our images may vary slightly from the original. We cannot guarantee that a device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the images. Therefore, your downloaded version of an image may vary slightly from how it is displayed on our Website.
- 12.9. We reserve the right to remove images from our Website at any time for any reason.
- 12.10. You must use our Website, Services and images fairly:
- You must not use automatic programming of devices to enable automatic or repeated downloading of images from our Website. We operate a technical cap of 1,000 images that can be downloaded in a single 24 hour period. If you want to exceed that limit we may (but are not obliged to) permit you to do so. You can send a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Images must only be taken from our Website via the download feature – you must not copy, save, reproduce, distribute or otherwise use any images from the site other than those you have downloaded with the download feature as a Member. Some images on the site are for display purposes only and are not available for users to download.
- You are not allowed to remove any watermarks or copyright notices from any of our images.
- You must not copy or download ANY of our content or images with a view to adding them to or creating or compiling any form of comprehensive collection, compilation, directory, database, image gallery, templates or stock image agency for the distribution (for free or for sale) to others, unless you have been given our express written permission to do so.
- Website Linking
- 12.11. Save as expressly set out in these Terms, relevant Licences or Promotional Offers we do not permit any linking, framing or hot linking to our Website or any images on our Website, or use of our Intellectual Property in our trade marks, trade names or logos without our express prior written consent.
- 12.12. We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability for the content of third party sites. The inclusion of a link to another site on the Website is for information only and does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
13. Restrictions, Responsibility and Liability
- Website restrictions
- 13.1. You must not use our Website:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation or in any way that is unlawful, malicious or fraudulent, or has any unlawful, malicious or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors or vulnerable people in any way;
- to transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material or code that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation and/or security of rawpixel or any computer software or hardware. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to or attack the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website;
- to infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party;
- to systematically copy content from the Website with a view to creating or compiling any form of comprehensive collection, compilation, directory, or database unless given our express permission to do so.
- 13.2. It is your responsibility to ensure that any equipment or devices on which you download images are technically sufficient to enable the download and use of such images. It is also your responsibility to ensure you have up-to-date anti-virus or other appropriate protective software installed.
- 13.3. The Website and all available content (including our design tutorials and blogs) is provided for general information purposes only. It does not offer advice on which you should rely. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information provided to you, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that such information is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
- 13.4. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to our Website if you breach the provisions of these Terms. We may also take legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of any and all relevant costs on an indemnity basis resulting from your breach or take any other actions which we deem reasonably appropriate (and lawful).
- Our responsibility for your loss or damage:
- 13.5. Website security: We use reasonable firewall, virus and content filtering software, but we cannot guarantee 100% security or that the Website will be free from bugs, viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. We shall not have any responsibility for damage to, unauthorised access to, or viruses or other code that may affect the Service or content provided to you by us on any computer equipment, software, data or other property as a result of your access to our Website. We shall also not be responsible for the actions of third parties in breaching our security measures.
- 13.6. Our Liability: Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of images to you if you are a visitor, Personal Member or a Business Member, these are detailed below:
- For all visitors and Members:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- If you are a visitor (you do not have a membership plan):
- We only provide the Website for domestic and private use. Unless agreed with us in advance in writing, you agree not to use the Website for any commercial or business purposes. We will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If you are a personal user (Consumer) with our Free or Casual Membership plan:
- If we breach these Terms, we are responsible for your foreseeable loss or damage resulting from our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
- If defective images which we have supplied damage a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage which you could have avoided by applying an update offered by us to you or by you having up to date anti-virus or other appropriate protective software.
- If you are a business user:
- Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes our liability for breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; or defective Services under the Consumer Protection Act 1987;
- Except to the extent expressly stated above all terms implied by sections 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and sections 3 to 5 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 are excluded.
- Subject to the exclusions above;
- we shall not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with any contract between us; and
- our total aggregate liability to you for all losses arising under or in connection with your contract with us, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall be limited to £100 (GBP) if you have a Free Membership Plan and 3 times the amount you would pay over 12 months if you have Business Membership Plan.
14. General terms
- 14.1. We offer the Services in most territories of the world but reserve the right to withhold Services in certain territories in our entire discretion (Excluded Territories) and if you are domiciled or registered in any such Excluded Territories you cannot have a Membership contract.
- 14.2. The Membership contract incorporates these Terms, the terms of the Licence and for Lifetime Members the Lifetime Membership Terms. Business users acknowledge that these Terms (and any documents expressly incorporated into your Membership contract by these Terms) constitute the entire agreement between us in relation to your Membership. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise, representation or warranty made by us (or given on our behalf) which is not set out in these Terms and that you have no claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement in these Terms.
- 14.3. We may transfer our rights and delegate our obligations under your Membership contract to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that such transfer will not affect your rights under the Membership contract. You may not transfer your rights or delegate your obligations under this Membership contract to any other person.
- 14.4. Each of the clauses and sub-clauses of these Terms and the related Licence operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining clauses and sub-clauses will remain in full force and effect.
- 14.5. If we do not insist immediately that you do something you are required to do under these Terms (or the related Licence), or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking the Membership contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us from taking steps against you at a later date.
- 14.6. These Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales your rights to bring legal proceedings in respect of these Terms or our Services are as follows:
- If you are a personal user (Consumer) you can bring legal proceedings in respect of them and the Services in the courts of England and Wales. If you habitually live outside of England and Wales you may be entitled to bring legal proceedings in your home country. Alternatively, if you are not happy with how we have handled a complaint you may first wish to contact the alternative dispute resolution provider we use. You can submit a complaint to the Ombudsman Service Ltd via their website at www.consumer-ombudsman.org. The Ombudsman Service will not charge you for making a complaint and if you are not satisfied with the outcome you can still bring legal proceedings. Alternatively, you can also raise a dispute with the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform.
- If you are a business user any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with a contract between us or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such dispute or claim.
- 1. You must comply with our Content Standards (Standards) if you make a Contribution to our Website. The Standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
- 2. A 'Contribution' is any interaction you have with our Website, this includes any content you upload (including user profile images or other account images), linking to our Website, sharing the details of our Website as part of a referral scheme or promotion and any use of our images.
- 3. A Contribution must comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
- 4. A Contribution must not:
- be defamatory of any person, or be obscene, blasphemous, offensive, hateful, inflammatory, or promote or use violent or sexually explicit material or pornography,
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age,
- infringe any copyright, design right, database right or trade mark of any other person, or breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence,
- promote any illegal activity or violence or advocate, promote, incite any person to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act, or be in contempt of court, or likely to deceive any person,
- be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person,
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person nor give the impression that the Contribution emanates from rawpixel, if this is not the case.
We firmly believe in protecting our and 3rd party’s copyrights and other legal rights. Every image that is added to rawpixel.com is checked multiple times to try to ensure that no 3rd party’s rights are infringed, however if you believe that any material on rawpixel.com infringes upon any copyright or other legal right that you own or control please notify us immediately as set out below:
- 1. Title your notification: Copyright Infringement Notification.
- 2. Give your name, address, telephone number and email address,
- 3. Provide a description of the work that you believe has infringed your copyright or other right, include the image number and a URL link to the image on rawpixel.com,
- 4. Include a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that you own the copyright to the work, that you or your agent has not authorised it to be included on rawpixel.com and it’s inclusion on rawpixel.com infringes your copyright or other right,
- 5. Clearly state that you wish the works to be removed from rawpixel.com
- 6. Include a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that all information you have included in this notice is accurate and that you are either the copyright owner or authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- 7. If you are acting on behalf of the copyright owner you must include evidence that you are authorised to act on their behalf.
- 8. Send the notice to:
- Email: email@example.com, or
- Rawpixel Ltd,
- Hanover Green Studios
- GL19 3JZ
- United Kingdom
Promotional Terms and Conditions
Below are the terms and conditions for any offers, promotions and rewards schemes that we are currently running. These terms and conditions are separate to and in addition to our User Terms and Image Licenses.
Donations to Hope for Children - Terms and Conditions
- 1. We have decided to donate 10% of all of our membership fees to the charity Hope for Children. This donation does not form part of our User Terms and we may at any time, without notice to you, change the amount we donate, or stop making these donations.